STUDENT EMPLOYEE RESOURCES:
Payroll & Breaks:
Accessing Paystubs & Sick Time Balances: Visit the Payroll Site and follow the Registration Instructions. Student Payroll Site
Meal breaks: Employees who work more than five (5) hours in a day are entitled to a thirty (30) minute unpaid meal break. However, an employee may agree to waive that meal break if s/he will not work more than six (6) hours in the day.
Rest breaks: Rest breaks/rest periods are also required under California labor regulations.
The length of required rest periods must be at least ten (10) minutes for each four (4) hours, or substantial fraction thereof, that the employee will work in the day.
These rest breaks must be counted as time worked and must be paid time. They must also be in the middle of the employee's work period, to the extent that this is a practicable.
Rest periods are not required for employees who work less than three and a half (3 1/2) hours in a day.
- Due by the 10th of the Month to Payroll
- Must be submitted on the excel template provided from Finance and Administrative Services
- Payroll is requiring the use of templates, instead of timesheets, going forward to maintain consistency across campus. Send all templates to Michelle Michalski and copy Deepa Desai.
NOTE: Departments should keep detailed information of days and hours worked for all of their employees. This should be readily available upon request by the Payroll Department for audit requirements. If you'd like a template of a timesheet to use in your office, these are located via the Payroll Site at: SRJC STUDENT PAYROLL (santarosa.edu) and for International Students: SRJC STUDENT PAYROLL (santarosa.edu)
Sick Leave Plan Year: July 1 through June 30
Employees may use their paid sick leave for the following reasons:
- Diagnosis, care, or treatment of an existing health condition of, or preventive care for themselves.
- Diagnosis, care, or treatment of an existing health condition of, or preventive care for, an employee’s family member (includes parent, child, spouse, registered domestic partner, parent-in-law, sibling, grandchild or grandparent)
- For an employee who is a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, the purposes described in Labor Code section 230(c) and Labor Code Section 230.1(a). Daily limit on sick leave usage: Employees will be required to use the sick leave hours in the following increments of time so long as the employee has the balance available.
Sick Leave Usage:
- Employees using paid sick time will not be able to use the sick hours for any increment of time less than 2 hours per request.
- Employees using paid sick time will not be able to use the sick hours for any time in excess of the daily maximum of 8 hours.
- Sick leave may not be advanced once the maximum of 24 hours/3 days of paid sick leave is used within the fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
- If the use of sick leave is foreseeable, employees must provide their supervisor with advance notice of the absence, if possible.
- If the need for the leave is unforeseeable, the employee shall provide notice as soon as practicable and report their absence to their supervisor.
- It is the responsibility of the employee to enter and record their absence on their monthly timesheet. (The employee’s supervisor may enter the absence on the timesheet on behalf of the employee when notified of the absence.)
- Any unused sick leave hours are not paid off at the time of termination of employment from SRJC. Transfers of sick leave: The sick leave hours are not transferrable to any other California Community College or K-12 institution
Evaluations & Pay Increases:
- Automatically applied to your timesheet the pay period after you achieve 200 hours
- Appraisal with your supervisor
- 200 hours of work completed
- Current Rate: $17.00
- Not automatic
- Appraisal with your supervisor
- 1 unit (minimum) of Work Experience completed
- Current Rate: $17.50