Work Experience Internship Courses offer job readiness preparation; job seeking and coaching; application, resume, interviewing instruction; and screening. It is the responsibility of the student to secure their own internship placement. Upon placement, the student begins supervised employment that extends classroom learning into the work environment. Students eligible for internships will have declared a major, have completed courses in their major or have acquired a high level of skill in their discipline, and are ready for on-the-job experience in a paid or unpaid position. Students will acquire new abilities, knowledge, and skills to prepare for a career in their chosen field.
The purpose of the Work Experience Internship Course is to assist you in obtaining on the job training to enable you to become a more efficient and valuable employee, while providing a practical education that supplements and enhances classroom theory. It is the student’s responsibility to secure their own internship placement. Once you have established your internship placement, please contact the Work Experience Department (707) 527-4329 to schedule an appointment with the Internship Coordinator.
Please read about the course with all instruction on Canvas.
- ARE YOU READY FOR AN INTERNSHIP
ARE YOU READY FOR AN INTERNSHIP?
- Have you declared a major and completed at least one semester of college coursework with a 2.5 or better GPA?
- Do you have any work history related to your major?
- Are you currently enrolled in courses related to your major?
- Do you have a career goal?
- Are you a highly motivated, goal-oriented, self-directed person?
- If hired, can you provide proof of your eligibility to work in the U.S.?
- Do you have 4 to 20 hours per week to devote to an intern position?
If you answered YES to the above questions and want specific information about the Internship Courses at SRJC, please contact the Work Experience Department at (707) 527-4329 to schedule an appointment to meet with the Internship Coordinator. Registration is restricted, so you will need a section number and add code to enroll, which you will receive from the coordinator after you have secured an internship.
The Internship Coordinator can provide assistance with the development of internship possibilities and often a referral to local employers. The SRJC Online Job Board is a valuable resource
- HOW TO GET AN ADD CODE FOR INTERNSHIP 99I
HOW DO I GET AN ADD CODE FOR THE "RESTRICTED" COURSE?
To get an add code, you must make an appointment with the Internship Coordinator. Contact the Work Experience Department at (707) 527-4329 to schedule an appointment. At the appointment, the Internship Course will be explained to you in detail. You will be given the appropriate section number and an add code by the Internship Coordinator once you have secured an Internship.
If you previously met with the Internship Coordinator and did not have an Internship secured at that time but now you do, contact the Internship Coordinator by email. Once the Coordinator receives the following information and has approved your enrollment, you will be given an add code:
- Your Name
- Your Student Identification (SID) number
- Your Program of Study/Major
- Name and Location of where you will be doing your Internship
- Number of Hours you will be working Number of Units in which you wish to enroll
- Is your Internship Paid or Unpaid?
- INTERNSHIP COURSE REQUIREMENTS
INTERNSHIP COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- Once you are registered for the course all course content and assignments is located in your Canvas course.
- Complete Internship Orientation (Module 1 in Canvas).
- Develop 4 on-the-job learning objectives with your supervisor that focus on new job-related knowledge or skills.
- Meet with your Assigned Instructor and job supervisor twice during the semester at your job site.
- Complete an approved Intern project or 3 work-related seminars or activities (offered online or in person).
- Write a 2-page report about your experience in the course (Module 2 in Canvas).
- Prepare a resume which includes current Internship.
- Keep track of total hours worked per week for reporting to your Assigned Instructor at your job site meeting.